- The shipping terminal (Burnaby) too risky… better locations apparent.
- Our Prime Minister preferred TMEP…without ever seeking an independent risk assessment…unforgiveable !
- The proposed tanker routes never ‘permitted by any southern BC communities’
- There is no proven ,’world class’, method to clean up that inevitable diluted bitumen(dilbit) tanker spill.
- Any spill containment, recovery will be only partially successful
- The NEB hearing process was too restricted and minimized open public debate ,or questioning of proponent’s experts
- The Prime Minister’s own counsel ….”governments issue permits, but ONLY communities give permission”…was ignored !
- BC established ,multibillion dollar annual, job creating ,environmentally related visitor industries ,could be damaged , needlessly.
- The Prime Minister offered to ‘mediate’ the pipeline issue in BC…maybe he should stay home for a while and get on with mediating ..10.
- .An independent expert risk assessment could be directed by the new Chief Science Officer… so do that —before it’s too late !
Carl Shalansky, P. Eng. (Retired)